Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crying Out

I shout louder than thunder when His voice drifts quietly in the wind.
He calls me to still waters but I jump around in the puddles, graceless.
Splashing, screaming, noisy, careless...

He whispers again, I miss it among my homemade chaos.
I'm missing Him, where is He?
Frustration arises and I blame Him for leaving me alone.
Not providing, being an inadequate parent... I am not ready to have him back off.
Where is He?!

A murmur rushes past, slipping by my distracted eyes.
I stop, this doesn't feel right, this voiceless life.
I find myself sitting down, thumbing through the silver lined pages.
Then it finds me...

"Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"
Luke 9:35

It hits me! If a voice thundered out of a roaring cloud I would stop in my tracks, smack in the middle of a mud puddle jump I'd be stilled, in the midst of a roar I would fall silent.

Humbly,
my eyes find darkness,
my ears find silence,
and there in the quiet He is heard.

His sheep heard his cry but could not run.
Stuck in a puddle, in mud and mire, I cried back.
He came to me, stepped into the mess, bent down and picked me up.


Out of love he became filthy,
Out of love he picked me up,
Out of love he carried me,
Out of love he set my feet on solid ground.

He has taught me that when I can't hear him,
when I've wandered too far off,
He is still calling out my name,
He is still searching for me but I need to stop and listen for him, turn and cry back.

"I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and be in awe of the LORD
and put their trust in him."
Psalm 40:1-3






No comments:

Post a Comment