Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Don't Leave Me.

Being alone is a deep fear of mine.
It harbors inside from the depths of my soul.
I find myself avoiding it, at all costs.
The letter I read sent chills down my spine...

"And surely I'll be with you always, 
until the very end of age." 
-Matthew 28:20

I stood there, my mind screaming.
My heart was racing and I knew it was a futile fight.
Don't leave me! Please, where are you!

"He will not leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6

I felt like a child, in the midst of the night,
trying to find the door, knowing my parents are on the other side...
but I couldn't see them nor feel them.

"Do you not know that you are God's temple,
and that God's Spirit dwells in you?"
-1 Corinthians 3:16

But I stood in the midst of day,
in the heart of my classroom,
and he called me to be courageous for Him,
for His Glory, for His Will.

So I found comfort in knowing He was there,
I bent down and tied a crying angel's shoe.
The news is nothing to fear... He was there.

When a threat was made,
when I stood there not knowing if it was truly a hoax...
my mind racing...
What do I do? What can I do?
He has not left me, he lives in me.

"But you belong to God, my dear children.
You have already won a victory over those people,
because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than
the spirit who lives in the world."
-1 John 4:4

So I battled with prayer. We battled with prayer.
We rose early in the morning and covered our school in prayer.
We touched every building, every entrance, every door.

We prayed a hedge over the community,
over the other schools,
over our children.

We prayed for legions of angels,
for warriors, for our intelligence...
all in His glory, all in His will.

And he showed up.
As sure as the dawn.
He covered his children
in a protective hedge of safety.

"But the Lord is faithful, 
and he will strengthen you
and protect you from the evil one."
-2 Thessalonians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment