Thursday, October 23, 2014

FALLing in Love With Jesus - Attraction [Fall Series #1]

Attraction. Uncertainty. Exclusivity. Intimacy. Engagement.

Yes, you guessed it... the researched "5 Steps of Dating". Who would have thought? Not me, of course! I threw dating out the window the moment I met... The One! Ha.

Oh, the first steps in dating. The attraction. You see him strut into your presence, he brushes his hand through his hair, his sparkling brown eyes dance over in your direction, the blush rises in your cheeks and you know... you just know, you're a goner. He has you... Hook. Line. and Sinker.

This "idea" of attraction manifests so deeply in our souls. This attraction gives birth to a hope, a longing that the feeling is mutual, that the other person might want to explore the opportunity of a relationship with you.

This is exactly how I felt the moment I realized that I had an exchange with Jesus. The moment he walked into my life and I finally noticed. Sure, I had seen him around a few times, but the moment I fell head over heals for him was during an all revealing prayer time on March 27, 2014. I realized that he didn't care that I was in my gym shorts, with bean burrito spilt on my white tank top and a soda in the other hand... he wanted a relationship with me. (Complete analogy - no white tank was harmed in the writing of this blog). That is exactly what he wants with you. "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he first loved us" (1 John 4:10).   He doesn't care about whatever filth you wear, that you're make-up isn't just right, that you're wearing sneakers with sweats and a XXL sweater. Jesus made eye contact with you, he captured your gaze, now the game is on. He has chosen you, out of all the people on the face of the earth to take the next step into an everlasting love (Deut. 7:6). So what's next?

Are you with me?
Have you been introduced to him by a friend? Or did you bump into him on a busy street?
Are you beginning to feel uncertain about what to do next? Great! That's step 2 of dating.

So friend, as we walk through these stages of dating - or stepping into the hopes of an eternal relationship - I want you to know that I am not saying we "date" God... no, I am saying that before you reach that final "I do" moment of faith, there are a few areas you need to walk through. I have been there, and you may still be in the midst of the uncertainty, stepping into exclusivity, completely knowledgable of intimacy, or ready to say "YES!" to the dress. Wherever you are in your walk with falling in love with Jesus, I want to encourage you... he wants you to love him.

Girl, rest assured, the feeling is definitely mutual.  Actually, no it's not... The Lord Definitely Loves You More! (Deuteronomy 7:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment