Sunday, October 26, 2014

Falling in Love with Jesus - Intimacy [Fall Series #4]

Her hair danced like flames in the glow of the sun. Time had aged her once youthful face. Eagerness from the pending adventure sparkled in her eyes. Yet, her words spoke of bitter regret and stopped me dead in my tracks.

"When my husband died in December," she sighed, "I promised myself to live while I'm alive, so I wrote a list pieced together with adventures that I know I don't want to miss out on. Lucky me, my sister is here to share one with me today."

My heart broke and my gut wrenched in the revealing truth she shared with the group. Despite her burdening testimony, I enjoyed feeling brave jumping off cliffs and soaring over canyons, valleys, and through trees. I was able to share these moments with my courageous husband waiting for me at the landing or backing me up at the jump. Adam and I had the opportunity to share in our triumph, cheer each other on, and rejoice with each other in shaky fist-bumps and hi-fives. 

Later on, after our adventure came to an end, we walked away feeling accomplished from our zip-lining adventure. Unfortunately, the lady's words replayed once again in my mind. I began to compare her tragedy to so many peoples lives and their relationship with Jesus. So many folks wait to take Jesus's offer for an adventure, only when it is too late. When you wait, you miss out on sharing so much more with him. Like my sweet husband, we get to share these adventures for the rest of our lives and he is able to experience them with me bonding our hearts closer together; unfortunately for the lady and the words she said, it seems as though she never really experienced adventure, or in her words "lived" boldly, with her other half. 

I refuse to wait until it is too late to live boldly. I want to be intimate with Jesus from today and forever more. My desire is for Jesus to experience my fear defeating moments, the landings, and the jumps... because not one of these will be worth it with out him. He makes me brave. He makes me soar on wings of eagles, walk and not faint. I do not want to wait until the clock ticks announcing that time is up for my decision to walk intimately with Jesus to be made.

Friend, Jesus has big dreams for you! When you open up and allow yourself to become vulnerable he sends you off on an adventure of a lifetime -- a God-sized adventure! Please, don't miss out! Do not wait until it is too late, to ask him to dive deep with you.

When you have an intimate relationship with Jesus, one where you daily spend time with him, and are actively putting effort into the relationship you grow closer to the LORD. He says, "Remain in me, as I also remain in you... If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you... As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. (John 15: 4, 7, 9) 

Remain in Jesus's love.
Abide in his love.
Dwell, Prevail, Persist, Reside, and Endure in his love!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment