Monday, June 18, 2012

Light A Fire In My Soul

Numbers 6:24-26"The LORD bless you and keep you;the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Remember singing "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." when you were like three? Well I do. Today during a teacher training my Grade Level Chair thought she was completely stressing me out with my job placement. I kept telling her "I'm not worried, I just like to draw on my paper to keep my brain going so I do not fall asleep." She would not leave it alone, the "Are you worried"... "You will be fine"... and don't worries wore me out.  So finally I just wrote her a sweet little note: 
"I am not worried. I am not afraid. I have prayed for this job and I know God will not give me anything that I cannot do without him. I know there will be moments I will shine and the moments that I do not shine God will shine and it will be brighter than any light I ever thought I would see. There is no better place than a place where God's face shines."
I must say, I do not know if this lady is a Christian or if she believes in God but she read the note, grabbed my hand and looked me straight in the eyes. A moment of silence between us (honestly it felt like eternity) when she breathed in and said "This is why I am glad you're at our school." 




I want my light to shine, then to shine so bright people won't see my light anymore, only God's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment