Sunday, June 24, 2012

Near to Your Heart

I want to be close, close to your side
So heaven is real and death is a lie

I want to hear voices of angels above
Singing as one
... 

I want to be near, near to your heart
Loving the world hating the dark
I want to see dry bones living again

Singing as one 


***

Seeking out a quiet place for God in this loud world is not as hard as you think. God continually calls us to closeness with him. To have an intimate relationship with him where we pour out what he has given us. God seeks for raw emotion, an open heart with no walls to hide behind. He wants us to allow him to see the depth of our soul.

Life can have it's ups and downs. In July I will be celebrating my first year anniversary  (Whoop!)  My husband is an amazing person and he has been so stable in my life and he always brings me back to earth when I get very spontaneous on serious matters. He has held me when I cried, he shares inside jokes with me, we know what the other person is thinking without even saying it. We have fought through the rough patches, we seek out understanding, we talk a lot about how to make things work. However, if I were to withhold any time alone with him our relationship will begin to deteriorate. The intimate relationship we once held which gave us so much strength in each other and a strong bond would be broken. The joy would be taken away and both of our love cups would be emptied.

Now that is just my husband, the love of my life. If I were to withhold any intimate time with Christ, the savior of my life, where would I end up? I would be longing for love and never find it, I would feel empty inside, desperate for attention, unknowingly draining people around me because I think I need them when the truth is all I need is my life filled with Him. God calls us to seek him, to find him, to spend time with him. It is a relationship that needs love, attention, care. He wants to see you cry just as much as he wants to see you laugh.

I want to belong to Jesus for the rest of my life. I want to make this relationship work. He's never going to leave me nor forsake me for he has come to give me life and life to the fullest. How hard can this relationship be when all he asks of me is to love him and then love others. To love as I am loved. When I feel empty and alone I know where to find Jesus. When I overcome by joy... I know where to find Jesus. When my heart is called to take a leap of faith... I know Jesus is right there holding my hand saying "Come, do not be afraid."


***

 I see the cloud, I step in
I want to see Your glory as Moses did
Flashes of light and rolls of thunder,

I'm not afraid

Show me Your glory, my God

I'm awed by Your beauty, lost in Your eyes
I long to walk in Your presence like Jesus did
Your glory surrounds me and I'm overwhelmed

I'm not afraid
Show me Your glory, my God

I long to look on the face of the One that I love
Long to stay in your presence, it's where I belong

Oh how we love you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment