Sunday, June 17, 2012

Life Change?

How does a weekend at a fancy lake house change your perspective on life? How does flying across the water at 80 mph on a jet ski make you realize the importance of life? How does the American Dream get thrown away while enjoying every aspect of its comforts, enjoyment, and relaxation? When Jesus wrecks your world anything can happen.

I am not one for writing blogs but I know that I am about to go through a life change because God has been working on my heart for years. I know he has been placing me exactly where he wants me, even thought it is not exactly what I am looking for or even dreamed of.  The humor:
I swore up and down I'd never be a teacher... I am a teacher for children with special needs
I wanted to be at a fancy school where parents actually exist... God is sending me to children who need love
There is more, of that I am sure, but those are the two I know shine like stars right now. God knows exactly what he is doing... God knows that all I want to do is love those who are not loved because I am loved and I do not deserve it.  A few weeks ago when my cooperative teacher asked me why I wanted to be a teacher I told her simply, "I don't want to change the world, I just want to have a positive impact on one child's life and see where it goes from there..."

How easy is that? To show one child that someone out there loves them unconditionally... to see that smile upon their face, to take the fear away from their eyes and create a safe environment. I want this love inside of me to pour out on others who need it, who want it, who live off of it because that is how I am with my Jesus. It may not be Mexico, China, or Africa... but it is still reaching a child in need, a child desperately searching for love.

1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment